There’s no disputing that the most-talked about, most monumental fashion trend of the 2018 Golden Globe Awards was the preponderance of black dresses. But perhaps because the red carpet had transformed into a sea of black, the accessories when worn stood out exponentially. Even the most delicate of diamond necklaces was statement-making.
Here are the most unforgettable accessory moments that deserve a second glance:
- Alison Brie. A low-cut sweetheart neckline gave way to a startling Bulgari necklace.
- Tracee Elis Ross. The Black-ish star topped off her black dress with a matching silky black turban, likely to draw even more attention to the Time’s Up movement.
- Sarah Jessica Parker. The Divorce star’s Dolce & Gabbana dress featured a ribboned belt with an ornate diamond waist brooch, and if it wasn’t making a bold enough statement on its own, she paired it with a Time’s Up pin.
- Issa Rae. What better way to draw more attention to the Insecure star’s plunging neckline than with this geometric Lorraine Schwartz necklace?
- Jesica Biel. These Bulgari diamond danglers were a true showstopper.
- Allison Williams. This choker-style diamond necklace by Forevermark Diamonds lit up the star’s entire face.
- Viola Davis. No one’s neck glittered like that of Viola Davis, whose necklace of more than seven strands of Harry Winston diamonds took center stage.
- Dakota JOhnson. The Gucci belt buckle stood out atop the star’s simple black gown. She wore Nirav Modi jewels.
- Angelina Jolie. On any other dress, the star’s simple diamond teardrop earrings by Forevermark Diamonds would seem plain, but they truly brighten her all-black look.
- Kerry Washington. The Scandal star’s flowery Roger Vivier sheer heeled booties add sparkle just a bit lower to the red carpet.